Need to learn SharePoint but have no money? Here is what to do...
- Read my blog from front to back. Really. My goal is to explain what SharePoint means to you and to your organization. I've given you a lot of great information here for free.
- Read Microsoft's SharePoint Introduction.
- Make full use of Microsoft's online SharePoint training, it's free!
- Read Microsoft's General Q/A SharePoint newsgroup.
- Play with the online test drive. Microsoft is moving aggressively toward providing SharePoint and other software packages as online services, so their online test drive environment is very powerful and very robust.
- Make use of Microsoft's free online webcasts
- Make use of Microsoft's free online Podcasts
- Download and install Microsoft's free Virtual PC onto your computer.
- Download and install Microsoft's free virtual hard drive with a fully installed SharePoint image.
If you are out of work then adding a basic understanding of SharePoint to your resume is about the best move you can make. The fact that it is free makes it that much better for you.
If you are working for an organization that is stalled by the current economy, understanding SharePoint and its role in reshaping competitive business moving forward will be a tremendous benefit to your ocmpany. The fact that it is free makes it that much better for them.