Mark Schneider has over 30 years experience in successful technology leadership, specializing in strategic technology planning and governance. He is a gifted communicator who is able to simplify complex issues into understandable action items that get various stakeholders “on the same page.”He was chief enterprise architect and technical negotiator for a successful $500,000,000 IT outsourcing project. He has served as contributing author for a number of publications, most recently including the newly-released Office SharePoint Server 2007 Best Practices by Microsoft Press. He has provide taxonomy and governance planning for Special Operations Command, The California Legislative Data Center as well as numerous Fortune 500 corporations. He is President of VitalSkill LLC, a provider of technology strategy, governance, and taxonomy workshops. Mark can be reached at his blog site www.sharepointplan.com.
His experience includes:
• Taxonomy and governance planning for US Special Operations Command, California Legislative Data Center, and a number of Fortune 500 companies.
• Chief Technical Architect and Negotiator for a $500,000,000 IT outsourcing project.
• Contributing Author for SharePoint Best Practices and SharePoint 2007 Administrator’s Companion books by Microsoft Press
• Chief Architect of one of the first successful online banking malls
• Author of strategic and organizational change blog www.sharepointplan.com
•Highly ranked speaker on organizational change, project management, and taxonomy development topics at first SharePoint Best Practices Conference
• Technical trainer and speaker with successful engagements in Asia, Europe and throughout North America
• Successful experience in leading strategic technical planning for Fortune 500 corporations, government agencies, non-profit organizations, and educational institutions
• International experience publishing and presenting technical papers and findings
• Proven project management and governance expertise for a full range of technology projects including: complex and large-scale projects, project portfolios, and rapid or radical projects
• Graceful and effective organizational change management, business process improvement, and resource development
• Architecture and standards management for application development, integration, Windows, Microsoft Office, UNIX, ERP, LAN, WAN, telecom, embedded systems, compliance, security, disaster recovery, SAN, and NAS
• Budget management experience for projects up to $50,000,000 and departmental budgets up to $2,000,000
astronomy, drinking coffee, reading books, archeology, strategy, biking, chess, walking, watching tv, spending time with my family, project management, enterprise architecture, team development, travel. (not necessarily in that order)